Why does Lenny ask for personal information such as Social Security Number (SSN) or Date of Birth?
Due to federal laws, we must verify the identity of everyone who creates an account. In order to accomplish this, we must ask for information like Social Security Number and Date of Birth.
Why am I being asked for a photo ID?
If you're asked for a photo ID, we were unable to systematically verify your account based on public records. We request a photo ID to ensure that your account belongs to you.
What type of photo ID can I provide?
We can only accept one of the following state or federally-issued photo IDs:
- an unexpired, current state-issued driver’s license
- an unexpired, current state-issued identification card
- a current US passport
How do I send you the documentation requested?
If you're asked to provide additional documentation in order to verify your identity:
- Visit Settings in the sidebar menu of the Lenny Credit app
- Under the Documentation section, tap 'Upload Documents'
- Tap the 'Take Photo' button
- Take a clear photo of your valid photo ID
How long does it take to verify once I upload my documents?
Once we receive your documents, it will take 2-3 business days to manually review.